Friday, October 21, 2011

We have arrived...

We arrived safely with no major malfunctions at all. We made the trip from the airport straight into the arms of 45 little Haitians with lots of smiling faces. The orphanage has had major changes and I was so impressed. The wall is finished, the gates are up and the little building is up for the orphanage to sell pure water each day, starting at 7AM to the community surrounding this orphanage. There is finally vegetation within the gates and Kervens proudly took me around the grounds to show me what all had been planted. He has a garden with okra growing in it. I felt like a proud mama....

Britt they all kept asking where you and Bri were at. We showed pictures of Issac and explained about the upcoming baby and wedding. To Jarrods parents, you have raised up a truly amazing young man who  has been Seans right hand man with the packing and unpacking of lots of heavy heavy lugguage. I will travel with this young man anytime to any place. You should be very proud of him. Emily has been taking in all the sites and has bonded with several of the little ones already. Sean and Anna completely surrounded by the kiddos and I took lots of pictures.

We have eaten and are going back to our rooms early tonight. Luggage to still be unloaded and much needed showers to take. I will have more to say tomorrow. Linda, if you read this, I thought Ava was small, but today I held alittle baby 3months old who weighed only 4 1/2 pounds. Bones with skin was all....Toby if they can get him into riley in Indy, I said we would take him while he was in the states, I know that wouldn't surprise you much. :) Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment